Pet Therapy Certification Classes
For people and dogs who want to make a difference in someone else’s life..
Paws and Possibilities has teamed up with Dogwood Acres and Hospice of the Chesapeake to offer an exciting new opportunity for you and your pet. You can share the love your pet brings to your life with someone who needs it more than ever by becoming a certified pet therapy team. Our specialized classes will help your pet prepare for the certification with Pet Partners.
Is your dog a good therapy pet candidate?
- Is your dog friendly and accepting of strangers?
- Does your dog get along with dogs of all sizes and breeds?
- Is your dog calm, able to sit on command, and stay for a long period of time?
- Is your dog comfortable around adults and children? Or prefer one to the other?
- Is your dog able to walk calmly through a crowd?
- Is your dog able to stay focused even with distractions?
- Does your dog enjoy being groomed or pet by a stranger?
- Is your dog confident and carefree?
- Is your dog relaxed even with loud, disruptive noises?
- Does your dog have good manners even when you’re not in the room?
- Is your dog comfortable in a new, or changing, environment?
We believe dog training and education is an ongoing process and life-long commitment.
We work hard to help our therapy dogs build a solid foundation in obedience and pet-sitive working relationships with their handlers. During our classes, we engage in a mutual partnership through training, socialization, trust and respect.
Pet Therapy Classes : $40/class
*This class is also included in our monthly class membership.